Our vision is to be the leader of the restaurant industry in Canada by being the best branded restaurant company in the world by delivering the Perfect Guest Experience. As a General Manager of Guest Experience at our restaurant (single channel or multi-channel) you will be responsible for driving Guests to the restaurants, levering our scale and ensuring Guest Come back. With your strong restaurant experience, solid leadership and proven team building skills you will also be responsible for hiring and leading trained, focused and engaged Associates delivering on our promise of the Perfect Guest experience. A strong people leader you also demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to People Development and continuous improvement. You will be required to operate the restaurant within established budget guidelines – annual volume responsibility ranges from $500,000 to over $5 million.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO SUPPORT THE GUEST EXPERIENCE
Deliver a Perfect Guest Experience
- Monitor the improvement of all KPI’s regarding Guest satisfaction.
- Identify root causes of gaps in Guest satisfaction and assist in the development of corrective and proactive action plans where appropriate.
- Where appropriate follow-up and successfully resolve all Guest complaints and ensure root cause is identified and corrected.
- Coach leaders to ensure consistent delivery on our promise to create connections with Guests by creating quality food and beverages and an inviting atmosphere.
- Communicate with guests on a regular basis to gain insights on how to make improvements to the overall Guest Experience.
People Development – Associate Engagement
- Develop Managers and Associates by ensuring regular one-on-one meetings, training and development, regular coaching, and performance improvement measures.
- Leverage CARA University in the development of Associates and Managers to enhance retention and support the “Grow from Within” strategy.
- Recruitment Selection processes adhered to.
- Foster a culture of recognition and rewards focused on the achievement of KPI’s and Perfect Guest Experience results.
- Develop tactics that create an engaging environment where all Associates work together as a team, have fun and show genuine appreciation for our Guests and each other.
Financial and Restaurant Profitability
- Build plans that enhance or restore financial health to the business.
- Accountable for the development of sales budgets and responsible for the successful execution of these budgets.
- Responsible for generating growth and same restaurant sales and transactions (guest counts) through local restaurant marketing initiatives.
- Proactively monitor financial performance to delivery on key financial results such as same restaurant sales and average cheque, EBITDA, profitability and royalties.
- Subject matter expert on all restaurant systems such as RBOS, MICROS, Webflex etc. to effectively coach Managers and Associates on the use of system, tools and reporting.
- Regularly conducts P&L reviews to analyze financial metrics and provide cost control solutions.
Restaurant Quality / Operational Excellence
- Maintain and enhance brand standards by ensuring systems and processes are in place.
- Follow restaurant maintenance programs ensuring immaculate facilities, equipment, interior and exterior parking lot and grounds.
- 100% compliance and engagement in menu launches, new equipment, marketing programs etc.
- Ensures all required statements are timely, accurate and in compliance with CARA controls.
- Follow-up on all internal CARA audits to develop and ensure solutions are implemented and sustained.
- Maintain a good understanding of competitive activity within market and communicate relevant information to Area Managers.
Food / Restaurant Safety
- Comply with provincial legislation regarding employment standards, human rights, Health & Safety, WHMIS.
- Responsible for ensuring successful third part audits including Steritech, Provincial legislative compliance (ESA), Pest Control etc.
- Develop and follow-up on all Food Safety action plans to ensure future compliance and reduce potential liability.
- Ensure compliance with respect to cash and inventory controls.
- Manage all ongoing operations of a restaurant while achieving business requirements (including reporting, adherence to local and provincial legislation and regulations, development of reports, measuring and achieving KPIs, etc).
- All recruitment, training, and ongoing scheduling, and performance management of Associates.
- Ensure Guest Experience is maintained by quickly and effectively resolving Guest complaints before they leave the restaurant.
- Ensure all operating procedures, standards and controls are adhered to.
- Respond to changing volume patterns – weather, community events.
- Proficient people manager with coaching experience and the ability to listen and respond effectively to Associate and Guest concerns.
- Ability to understand complex business metrics and KPIs and recognize how they can be improved in the operation.
- Ability to write reports summarizing restaurant and staff accomplishments and status updates.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, customers, etc.
- Mediation and facilitation skills in order to ensure Guest and Associate related concerns are dealt with immediately and effectively.
Overall Working Conditions
- Majority of time will be standing in a restaurant environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associates is regularly required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift boxes and other restaurant service equipment.
- Occasionally there will be angry Guests to listen and respond to.