You create the first impression our Guests have on our Brand and leave a lasting impression upon their departure. You impact our profitability by managing the Guest flow to maximize the restaurant capacity while maintaining table-turns and seating assignments that meet the unique needs of our Guests and support the Perfect Experience. You smile can make a Guests day!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO SUPPORT THE PERFECT GUEST EXPERIENCE
Creating a Warm Welcome
- Lobby maintenance is important and you will maintain cleanliness and ensure that all Host stand supplies and materials are well stocked prior to, and at the end of, every shift.
- Ensure Guests are greeted immediately upon arrival with a sincere welcome.
- Create a positive first impression; show your appreciation that they chose Swiss Chalet today.
- When possible, open the front door for Guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Interact with Guests in a friendly, professional and caring manner; treat everyone with respect and courtesy and respond to their unique needs.
Supporting Seating Efficiency
- When immediate seating is limited, record the Guest name and the number of people in the party along with any special requirements that they might have.
- Manage the Guest flow and maximize the seating capacity so that the Heart of House and Service Associates can properly keep up with the Guest service.
- Anticipate your seating opportunities to effectively manage a wait by monitoring table turn-times, conducting open menu counts and gauging the stage of dining experience for each Guest table.
- Accommodate special seating requirements for Guests whenever possible and seat Guests according to two priorities 1. Their unique needs and, 2. Business needs, such as section rotation and size of tables.
- Estimate the wait time according to our Quote Time Standards and record the wait time on the Wait Sheet.
- Create a comfortable and relaxing wait for Guests by engaging Guests on a wait; manage their expectations with ongoing communication.
Seating our Guests
- Call out the Guest name and the number of people in the party when the table becomes available.
- Escort Guests to their assigned tables based on Guest preferences, making sure that special requests are fulfilled. i.e. Highchairs, booster seats, booths, aisle seats, etc.
- Engage Guests in conversation while you walk them to their table.
- Upon seating, offer Guests a menu and outline special features and promotions.
- Inform the Guest of their server’s name and provide them with additional information about the restaurant if they are visiting for the first time.
- Relay any special messages to the assigned Server as needed.
Supporting Amazing Guest Experiences
- Complete your online learning path prior to your first training shift.
- Answer the telephone politely within three rings following all Service Standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness and stock of our menus, high chairs, kids play materials, etc.
- Inspect all tables for proper presentation, cleanliness and completeness.
- Assist Stage Associates by bussing, cleaning and resetting tables when necessary.
- Monitor the cleanliness of the Guest washroom areas and ensure that all Guest restroom supplies are fully stocked.
- Acknowledge all of our Guests within a three-foot radius with a warm and friendly smile and attend to their needs as required.
- Leave Guests with a positive lasting impression by thanking them and inviting them to return.
Supporting a Safe Working Environment
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food contamination and the methods of prevention and follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Keep floor areas clean, dry and free of obstruction; use wet floor signs when necessary.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by SDS information.
- Help keep the Stage a safe working environment for everyone on your team. Always perform your tasks safely and to standards, and work with your team to recognize and correct unsafe practices.
- Complete opening and closing duties efficiently and safely, using the correct procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly side work as assigned.
- Be a team player; support other Associates when you see that they need help.
- Have lots of fun with your team and be sure to ask for help when you need it.